Robert Half Merchandising Assistant in Omaha, Nebraska
The Merchandiser Assistant has primary responsibility to perform administrative functions and ensure adherence to proper control procedures of the trade unit. The successful candidate must be able to work in a team as well as an individual and execute with a customer service-oriented approach in daily communications with our customers and suppliers. Will be expected to continuously implement improvements and champion changes that deliver positive outcomes for the business.
• Partner with Trade Execution Team, Merchandisers and Controllers to provide timely and accurate records for product and freight positions
• Deliver excellent service to our customers and vendors, including timely processing of payments and resolution of any problems, as well as coordinating customer product samples
• Actively monitor and create Account Receivables, Account Payables, Freight Analysis, and other miscellaneous reports on a daily/weekly basis and resolve any issues
• Enter contracts into trading system accurately and timely, ensuring other systems are reconciled
• Maintain an organized digital filing system which includes invoices, contracts, reports and payment receipts
• Ability to handle confidential materials
• Proven organization skills and prioritization of multiple tasks
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
• Proactively recommend more efficient processes and new solutions.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Customer service skills
Requirements Merchandising, Activity Reports, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Customer Contracts, Logistics, Commodities, Account Reconciliation, Analytical Skills, Analytics
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.