Robert Half Risk Control Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
The Risk Control Analyst is responsible for assisting TMV Traders with their deal entry so that the deals flow through the TMV Gas Management System (GMS) accurately for all departments. The individual will need to evaluate the deals risk positions and ensure that those positions are within the TMV Risk Policy. The individual will also review and compile daily position reporting of the risk portfolio.
Essential Job Functions:
Identify, comprehend, and capture the risk of all trades and structured deals into the risk books
Ensure that all trading activities are within the risk management policies and procedures tolerance levels
Follow existing processes in place in order to compile risk reports
Meet daily, monthly, and quarterly deadlines with a high level of efficiency and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Assist with deal and GMS questions for various TMV departments including Trading, Scheduling, Market Risk, Structured Products, Contract Compliance, Contract Administration and Accounting
Conduct meetings with TMV Traders to develop a better understanding of the deals
Communicate various open risk positions with TMV Traders
Review all deals for Dodd Frank Reporting
Reliable, dependable, and predictable attendance is required
Must be flexible to work extended hours as workload requires.
• Results – Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes, and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
• Customer Focus – Viewed as business partner by customer. Able to independently anticipate and act upon internal and external customer needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events, or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
• Communication Skills – Candid, clear, and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone, and method to audience. Listens and often asks appropriate questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
• Teamwork – Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
• Job Knowledge – Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
• Technical Skills – Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to maintain technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent accounting background required. Auditing/CPA License or industry experience preferred
Accounting Systems, Assigned Commodities, Commodities, Equity Trading
• Auditing/CPA License or industry experience preferred
• Ability to write formulas and utilize graphs using Excel
• Proven strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Detail oriented, analytical mindset, and problem-solving skills
• Dedicated worker, self-starter with a high level of initiative, assertiveness, curiosity, and inquisitiveness
• Ability to work, communicate, and relate to a wide variety of personalities at different levels
• Strong desire to continually learn and understand the natural gas industry
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.