Robert Half Accounts Payable Clerk in Ontario, California
Accounts Payable Clerk Opportunity in Ontario, Ca.
· Review and approve invoices for payment, ensuring proper coding and approvals are present.
· Monitor invoices and ensure timely payment and optimization of discounts.
· Review credit card and OOP expenses for payment, ensuring proper coding and approvals are present.
· Prepare monthly credit card and OOP expense journal entries.
· Prepare journal entries and related account reconciliations for prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, allocations, and other accounts as assigned.
· Prepare 1099 reports / filings.
· Ensure routine correspondence and questions are handled accurately, courteously and promptly.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Assist with the preparations of schedules for the annual audit and tax returns.
· Work both individually and on cross functional teams or staff committees to improve financial processes.
· Support other Finance team members as needed.
In addition, this individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and behaviors in the execution of this role:
· Mission Driven: Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the organization as a whole and alignment with organizational values; Has a robust understanding of the community served and the landscape in which the organization operates, and actively applies that knowledge
· Collaboration: Works effectively in teams and with others to achieve success
· Communication: Uses effective written and oral communication with internal staff, teams, and members and partners; demonstrates empathy and listening
· Critical Thinking: Consistently identifies, gathers, and applies relevant data and information to their work
· Growth mindset: Accepts abilities can be developed through effort; Embraces learning as essential to growth and success even during setbacks or significant change
· Nurture Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging: Understands and effectively contributes to diverse, equitable and inclusive practices and spaces that support girls, adult members, partners and staff in knowing they belong; Demonstrates a personal commitment to being part of an antiracist organization and dismantling inequitable systems
· Personal Responsibility for Work: Effectively manages own work, ensuring delivery of high-quality work
· B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting, or acceptable substitute.
· Minimum 3 to 5 years accounts payable and supervising experience.
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and current accounting rules and regulations.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent computer skills including proficiency in the most current versions of Windows and Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to use the Internet.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
5+ years of General Accounting experience and financial statement preparation
Manufacturing accounting knowledge preferred
Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.