Robert Half Sr. Systems Manager in Orange, California
Are you Sr. Systems Manager with a keen ability to help oversee and motivate a TEAM of Systems Administrators.
If so, read the following job description and apply today!
• Lead a team of Systems Administrators
• Manage relationship with multiple vendors, including a Managed Service Provider for the data center
• Help define IT Systems strategy, architecture, and processes
• Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT systems and application infrastructure
• Manage IT-related projects and workloads for systems team
• Interact with internal IT groups (Helpdesk, Networking, Telecom, Development), and other subject matter experts as key stakeholders in the planning and design of new applications and services
• Work closely with the development team to understand the solution architecture
• Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
• Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
• Ensure that all systems are healthy, secure, and up to date
• Manages the Change Management / Change Control process for your team
• Works closely with software, hardware, and service vendors on new installations and problem resolutions
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager
• Strong working knowledge and experience managing Microsoft software licensing and software assurance
• Demonstrate experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and designing IT infrastructure
• Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels
• Ability to manage vendors and suppliers
• Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
• Participate in on-call schedule
• Knowledge and experience with cloud-based architectures and delivery models
• A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
• Solid understanding of privacy regulations
• 7+ years working in an IT role
• 3 years in a leadership or supervisory role
• Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud hosting technology is required
• Experience running IT infrastructure projects
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification and work experience (Certification/Licenses related to position)
• Experience with TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, VPN, switches, and routers, and firewalls
• Experience with Windows Server operating systems and Azure Active Directory
• Experience with PowerShell or Python Scripting
Requirements Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, TCP/IP, WAN - Wide Area Network, VPN - Virtual Private Network
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.