Robert Half Java Oracle Engineer in Orlando, Florida
We are looking for someone who applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, improvements, components, and/or new integrations and applications of moderate to high complexity. This would be done using modern software development paradigms (e.g., CI/CD, agile, product, cloud). The right candidate will have experience with Supply Chain suites (Oracle Retail or Symphony Retail AI GOLD). The role provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
The client is only accepting applicant local to the Orlando, FL area due to onsite requirements
Hybrid schedule- Must be able to be onsite 4 days a week WFH 1 day a week
MUST HAVE ORACLE APEX experience
Is responsible for the design and development of software fixes, improvements, and/or new software systems and applications.
For assigned work drives development of components through their work and that of the team on projects, major fixes using new or existing technologies
Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and provide positive impact on future developments.
Designs and develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
Reviews and writes code that meets quality gates.
Writes and performs unit and functional tests.
Owns programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
Designs, develops, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
Full stack developer, comfortable with front-end development, back-end development and integration between large scale ERP systems. Owns end-to-end troubleshooting.
Interacts and coordinates work with other technical groups in the organization.
Performs level 3 troubleshooting and review of issues.
Serves as a high level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
Coordinates team members in finding root-cause of problems and issue resolution.
Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
REQUIRED SUPPLY CHAIN/LOGISTICS
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field or related work experience.
• Seven years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and interfaces between Supply Chain ERP systems.
Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
• Java/Spring Batch
• PL/SQL development (Oracle DB)
• Development Tools (Eclipse, Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins)
• JSON Messaging
• Web Services (SOAP & REST)
• Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
Soft Skills & Other Requirements:
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, self-organized, delivers quality and capable of tracking multiple pieces of work simultaneously.
• Mentoring and guidance skills
• Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience with Supply Chain Suites (e.g., Oracle Retail, SRAI GOLD)
• Experience developing UI screens with Oracle’s APEX Technology
• Experience developing with AngularJS/NodeJS
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.