Robert Half Fund Tax Accountant - Massive Multi-strategy Fund in Palo Alto, California
For faster consideration, please view my Linkedin under Charlie O'Brien and email me your resume
Our client is a global growth equity investor that helps companies from the earliest days through all phases of private company growth. They have been around for almost 40 years and have accumulated more than $20 Billion in assets under management.
This individual will be a key member of the finance team, working on both tax and fund accounting matters. They offer a fun, positive, and rewarding work environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package. Primary responsibilities include items such as:
· Tax – work with our Tax Manager to prepare items such as:
o Book-to-tax Excel files for Big 4 firm to prepare 1065s & K-1s
o Initial review of tax returns
o Quarterly tax estimates for investors and internal team members
Additional responsibilities include:
· Cap table updates and preparation of portfolio company valuations
· Review of quarterly fund financials (compiled by outside accountants)
· Cash management (preparation & recommendations for cap calls & distributions)
· Quarterly portfolio reviews (preparation of packages & presentations)
· Preparation of employee fund financial statements
· Historical trends and ad hoc research or reports
· Audit and tax assistance
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or several accounting courses successfully completed
· Ideally 2 to 5+ years of experience in venture capital or private equity
· Solid understanding of GAAP
· Strong Excel skills (such as pivot tables); Access experience is a plus
· CPA, international and/or partnership tax experience is a plus
The ideal candidate will:
· Have strong communication skills and enjoy a small team environment
· Enjoy working in fast-paced, “hands-on”, and detail-oriented environment
· Be a self-starter with flexibility, positive, “can-do” attitude, desire to learn, and a willingness to take ownership of projects
For details on salary and benefits, please view my LinkedIn under Charlie O'Brien and email me your resume.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.