Robert Half International IT Support Specialist in Parsippany, New Jersey
This position is responsible for taking full ownership of the IT operations at Corporate Essentials. This will include managing
corporate devices, troubleshooting network issues, providing desktop support, onboarding/offboarding users, etc. You would be
working in a fast paced environment where task prioritization and clear communication is required.
Core Competencies should include:
● Ability to pick up new systems and applications quickly
● Comfortable working alone or in a small team
● Demonstrated experience managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Active Directory
● Experience building out and managing G Suite Business.
● Ability to lift and move heavy equipment (e.g. monitors, servers, desks).
● Experience managing company phones and other devices
● Strong communication (listening, verbal and written) skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to a
● Strong critical thinking skills - you can spot patterns and stop problems before they happen.
● Proactive in attitude and team oriented.
● Prioritization skills - you are able to prioritize support requests
● Equally strong commitment to leaving things better than you found them AND leaving a lasting, positive impression.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● Provide employees and customers support for Windows and macOS clients and servers.
● Providing front-line support for all related IT activities (applications to infrastructure) including remotely for regional offices
● Flashing operating systems to Windows and macOS machines.
● Efficiently respond to requests for technical assistance via Slack, email, and carrier pigeon.
● Stay up to date and proactive on the latest technologies.
● Manage iPhones and iPads through Maas360 and Apple Business Manager.
● Admin users in Active Directory and manage email accounts for Google G-Suite Business.
● Provide enterprise level solutions with focus in scalability and redundancy
● Work cross-functionally, participating in the employee onboarding / offboarding processes
● Write documentation for internal system operations and guidelines for employees to follow.
● Communicating with technology vendors for device upgrades and purchases.
● Ensuring DNS and SSL certificates are up to date using GoDaddy and Network Solutions.
A very important requirement for this position is the ability to clearly communicate with both the "tech savvy" and those who
may not be as well versed in the technology space. This must be able to happen in a calm and clear way at all times.
Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
● Support oriented, with a view towards scalable solutions
● Strong understanding of corporate networking (e.g. wireless infrastructure, Cisco patches/integrations/switches)
● Versed in end-to-end security concept and technology
● Proficient in macOS and Windows systems. Some familiarity with Linux servers
● Networking knowledge, including LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, and other core
internet technologies and services including VPN and Firewalls.
● Familiarity with Telecom technologies such as VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
● Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
● Proven ability to operate in high pressure environments while successfully handling multiple competing priorities. Must also
maintain a high level of discipline, flexibility, and professionalism.
● Strong written and oral communication skills, project management, and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
and (both technical and non-technical) in different situations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to explain technology to others without a technology background
Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
Desire to work with others to find a solution to their technological problems
Understanding of basic networking knowledge as mentioned above
Willingness to be available during non-office hours
Willingness to take on projects outside the lines of traditional IT
Associates Degree of equivalent in Information Technology or similar discipline.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar discipline.
A working knowledge of basic coding.
A willingness to create new projects and opportunities to help streamline and grow the business.
A desire to explore all new software options to find the best fits for Corporate Essentials.
The ability to prepare basic update presentations for the leadership team.
The ability to clearly communicate status and projected timeline of current projects to leadership.
The ability to create and stick to realistic timelines.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.