Robert Half International Benefits and HR Administrator in Peabody, Massachusetts
REMOTE but needs to be local to Danvers
• Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, spending accounts (FSA/HSA), accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness program; including assisting with benefits transactions that occur during the lifecycle of employment. Process enrollments, qualifying life events, and terminations in a timely manner to ensure no issues with employee access to benefits or COBRA notifications.
• Provides front-line support to all employees in relation to all employer-sponsored benefits. Acts as a liaison between the company and external benefits providers to resolve administrative problems and claim/coverage inquiries. Escalate to benefit broker and HRBP when necessary.
• Distribute benefit materials and conduct new hire benefits orientations, explain benefits and self-enrollment system.
• Initiate and maintain benefits enrollments and ensure changes are entered timely in the payroll system for payroll deduction.
• Conduct audits of payroll deductions to ensure accuracy between enrollment election, deduction code/amount, and effective date.
• Monitor eligibility data feeds to benefit plan vendors and resolve issues as they arise.
• Audit, reconcile and process monthly benefit invoices.
• Plans and supports company-wide open enrollment activity including the creation of yearly open enrollment sessions, distribution of benefit materials, monitor enrollment status, and reporting.
• Ensures compliance with required benefit notices through the timely distribution of documents: Summary of Benefits, Summary Plan Descriptions, and other required employee notices, such as annual Medicare Part D notification and Summary Annual Report (SAR).
• In conjunction with HRBP and benefits broker, develop benefits communications to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
• Maintains intranet benefits website page.
• Stay current with employment benefits trends and regulatory issues through HR publications, participation in projects and surveys, vendor contacts, employer networks, and continuing education.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
• 5 years of office experience, with at least 2 years in Human Resources desired.
• 2 – 4 years in related benefits, compensation, or other HR administration.
• Familiarity with employment law and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, COBRA, HIPPA, etc.).
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with HR/payroll technology (ADP WorkforceNow preferred).
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis on Excel.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
• Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Able to successfully operate within a matrixed structure and work as part of a global team.
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.