Robert Half International AWS Data Engineer in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
We are looking for an Experienced AWS Data Engineer with 7+ years of experience working with Data Centric Applications and Services in AWS Cloud with at least 3 years of experience working in Apache Spark.
Looking for Someone to have:
• Expertise with Python, PySpark, Scala, PyData, DataFrames, Jupyter Notebook and understands the fundamentals of functional programming language.
• Excellent data modelling experience and understanding of core concepts of Big Data and has practical experience working with 100s of Terabytes to Petabytes of data
• Solid experience and understanding of various core AWS services such as EC2, S3, EMR/Spark, Glue, SQS, Kinesis/Firehose, DynamoDB/DAX, Step functions, ElasticSearch, Athena and Redshift.
• Hands on programming experience using AWS SDK (Boto3), Java SDK or CLI
• Deep understand AWS Infrastructure, networking best practices, multi-region latency and fail over/disaster recovery strategy
• Has practical experience transferring big data in and out of AWS, transforming and computing in AWS at scale
• Experience in developing distributed applications and dynamic workflows using serverless architecture
• Analytical skills and experience in solving big data problems effectively using Spark/EMR
• Experience with public cloud data sharing practices and security
• Experience working with CICD pipelines
Strong applicants will have experience with:
• Real time data streaming, batching and transformations on data in transit
• Nice to have experience in infrastructure automation using Infrastructure as Code methodology and well versed with CloudFormation or Terraform
• Effective Collaborator and Team Player
• Quick Learner and Self-starter with excellent debugging skills
• Ability to foresee scalability, budget issues and make judgements
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.