Robert Half International Database Analyst in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Robert Half Technology is looking for a Database Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Distribute and monitor data analysis projects; support staff in overcoming barriers in their projects and review the accuracy and reliability of data analysis projects
• Design research questions and projects; prepare comprehensive reports, graphs and tables; track and report on key performance indicators for programs and projects
• Design new or modify current systems and programs, based on assessed needs using query languages, report writers, interactive database programs, spreadsheets and/or application generators; performs related duties which include modifying computer databases, designing source and output documents, developing schedules for the input of data and testing new programs
• Consult with various departments (internal and external) to understand the sources of incoming raw data and address the administrative, clinical and legal needs of individuals
• Determine database structural requirements by analyzing and programming multiple sources of data, configuring the operationalization of such data and determine the optimal presentation and evaluation systems via SQL
• Transform various incoming data sources into usable and compatible format for SQL importing
• Follow database architectural and design projects to completion and provide continued training and support regarding functionality
• Analyze the reporting needs in and between several departments (internal and external) and develop the most efficient methods to utilize the current data, identifying additional needs and building additional reporting by collecting raw data and translating the information to IS for standardized and novel reporting purposes
• Provide data and graphics for projects in an efficient and timely manner and present information in a succinct and creative manner
• Coordinate with IS for improvement in data-storage, access and utilization methodology
• Possess an understanding of specific data-driven questions and build and manipulate queries in SQL to answer such questions
• Coordinate internal/external requests related to data/information systems to support the Program. These include, but are not limited to, requests coming from cross-system stakeholders in Philadelphia County, regional counties and across the Commonwealth.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Conducting research projects and determining appropriate research methods utilizing current research techniques
• Performing complex statistical analysis
• Using computer software packages to manage and produce data such as tables, maps and/or graphic displays (Especially interested in Qlik Software)
• Written analysis and oral presentation
• Ability to translate complicated data into useful information
• Expertise with SQL databases; authoring pipelines via SQL
• Advanced understanding of Excel
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: PHILADELPHIA, PA
Date Posted: December 28, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 03720-0011270960
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT