Robert Half Dev Ops Engineer III in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Robert Half's Software Engineer opening might be a good fit for you, if you are passionate about technological systems, work well with others and have a firm grasp of design patterns and software engineering. Can you effectively create new platforms? Can you uphold current systems? You might thrive in this position. The long-term contract / temporary Software Engineer opportunity is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
What you get to do every day
• Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
• Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of products.
• Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues. Development of monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and implementing solutions
• Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
• Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
• Bachelor's degree in engineering and 6 to 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Experience automating the deployment of software using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
• Experience of Jenkins for continuous integration
• Ability to utilize and work with a large variety of open source technologies and tools
• Experience with systems and IT operations
• Data management skills with an emphasis in automation tools
• Experienced with revision control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Github"
• Able to build strong relationships with QA and Software Engineers in an operational capacity to maintain continuous delivery of critical systems
• Experience provisioning and managing applications in both virtual and cloud infrastructures (AWS and Openstack preferred)
• Strong skillset in deployment and network operations, or sys-admins who have a background in scripting and coding
• Container experience in Docker and Kubernetes
** notes from client
Red Hat Ceph Storage Experience.
Creating and maintaining a large 1 Pb Ceph cluster deployed across 4 national data centers.
Upgrading from Ceph 3 to Ceph 4.
Red Hat Openstack Platform and experience with Ansible is also helpful.
Specific experience with latest HP servers and storage Synergy Blades Ceph 3PAR etc
2 years experience administering UNIX operating systems Red Hat Linux preferred
Device monitoring control and alerting technology SNMP syslog
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.