Robert Half International Real Estate Controller in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Robert Half Finance is looking for an ambitious Real Estate Controller to join a well-respected company. In this leadership position, you will direct an accounting and clerical department. The Real Estate Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff. We are looking for someone who motivates others through a positive professional attitude; exhibits integrity, reliability and leadership; and is able to provide exceptional client services by managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. You will join the leadership team in supporting the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenging the status quo, and fostering creativity in your department. The Real Estate Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Philadelphia area.
• Develop, document and enforce financial controls and procedures
• Review and approve monthly reconciliations of bank, credit and loan accounts
• Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
• Diagnose and troubleshoot financials monthly for errors and omissions
• Lead annual tax preparation and audit projects to timely & accurate completion
• Responsible for all financial reporting, month end close duties, operational accounting (AP, AR, billing), cash flow reporting, P/L analysis, leasing and rent activity, and construction budgeting and reporting.
The ideal Real Estate Controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Other requirements for the Controller position include and are not limited to:
• 5++ years’ experience, experience in Public Accounting
• Supervisory/ team development experience required
• Strong GAAP knowledge and experience working in a fast-paced environment where they have been responsible for financial accounting and operations.
• Experience within the Real Estate, Construction, or related industries.
Interested candidates should reach out to Zed Koleilat at 215.568.4580 and reference JO# 03720-0011592266
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 / Yearly
Location: PHILADELPHIA, PA
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03720-0011592266
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance