Robert Half Staff Accountant in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Robert Half is looking for a Staff Accountant for a permanent opportunity. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will lend your skills to developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Philadelphia area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
· Work extensively with internal departments to track company spend on a monthly basis
· Analyze event expenses to ensure costs remain within budget and are accurate & complete for reporting purposes.
· Assist Senior Manager and department heads in preparation of annual budget for indirect expenses and meet monthly with each group to update forecast for future periods
· Maintain an accurate and complete asset listing by keeping track of construction in progress by project, record the cost of fixed asset acquisitions, record depreciation expense, and account for disposal of fixed assets.
· Ensure that balance sheet accounts are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger.
· Research variances, determine root causes, and make adjusting entries when applicable. Develop automated processes to create efficiencies within the accounting department and throughout the organization.
· Interpret data, analyze results, and monitor continuing reports using tools such as Excel and Tableau.
The ideal Staff Accountant candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, plus additional training/certification as appropriate.
Other requirements for the Staff Accountant position include and are not limited to:
· 2++ years of related experience
· High level of proficiency with technology. Experience with Tableau, NetSuite, and Adaptive Insights preferred
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment. Must work well under time constraints.
· Strong analytical skills with consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Interested candidates should reach out to Scott Shorr at 267-996-4161 and reference JO#03720-0011996708
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.