Robert Half Full Stack Java Developer in Piscataway, New Jersey
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
The overall purpose of this position is to design, develop, and maintain scalable & diverse web applications, with a focus on process workflows, for consumer-oriented functions, content management solutions, custom Java/J2EE applications, internal/backend software tools and systems.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Digital Solutions, the role functions as an individual contributor, and does not manage any direct reports.
· Develops process workflow, content management, and custom Java/J2EE web applications which includes design, hands-on implementation, and maintenance/support
· Actively participates in requirement reviews, technical design reviews, and code reviews
· Performs impact analysis of application changes
· Creates and maintains software documentation
· Responsible for maintaining a high quality of deliverables by conducting unit testing, integration/system testing, regression testing, production validation, and post production support
· Keeps security best practices at the forefront of all design and development activities
· Works closely with the Digital Solutions team, Core & Global Application Development Teams/Partners, IT Application & Enterprise Architecture teams, Business Stakeholders & Other Technical Stakeholder teams
· Reports progress and activity to Manager and/or Project Lead on a continuing basis
· Stays current with evolving technology trends
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience or higher in Computer Science or related field
· 4-7 years of hands-on analysis, design and application development expertise
Licenses and Certifications
· Java SE / Java EE Certification (Preferred)
Skills and Requirements
· Analysis, design and application development expertise required.
· Command of Java and J2EE required.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with Spring/Spring Boot and other commonly used Java frameworks and design patterns required.
· Experience in implementation and integration with web services (SOAP/REST based, JSON, XML) required.
· Hands-on development experience using RDBMS/SQL (e.g./ MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g./ MongoDB).
· Experience with J2EE developer tools such as Eclipse, Jira, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, GIT, SVN, etc. required.
· Familiarity with deploying to and trouble-shooting J2EE application servers.
· Experience with development utilizing AWS cloud technologies (S3, EC2 Lambda, CloudFront, DynamoDB, RDS, ElastiCache, Cloudsearch, Fargate, etc.).
· Experience with project life cycle, including design, development, testing, UAT, and production support.
· Good knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
· Experience with modern Content Management System(s), preferably Adobe Experience Manager.
· Industry experience with e-Commerce applications is preferred.
· Medium to advanced skills with Linux and Windows operating systems required.
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as with all levels of management.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.