Robert Half International Systems Engineer in Piscataway, New Jersey
We really need a creative technical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences to take this position to the next level. If you fit that description, apply for Robert Half Technology's opening for a Systems Engineer! If you want to be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, this Systems Engineer position will be great for you. This long-term temporary employment opportunity is based in the Piscataway, New Jersey area. Interested? Apply today!
Your responsibilities in this role
· Strong organization skills and oral/written communication skills
· Good problem solver and ability to direct team; by understanding business requirements, breaking down the business problem, and recommending a solution forward
· Coordinating with other teams to produce better business outcomes
· Ability to work well with developers, stakeholders, system architects and various subject experts is important
· Be adaptable, team player and flexible to handle the changing priorities as they come about
· Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various “Boundary” systems and their implications
· Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
Technical - Strong understanding and experience with:
· All phases of enterprise systems implementations; engagements that require designing and implementing complex solutions, combination of technical and functional knowledge, provide a valuable perspective to all implementations
· Software development life cycle
· Systems, applications and multi-tier architecture
· Releases, managing dev/test instances, and production deployments
· Application maintenance and support model (bug fixes and enhancements)
· Strong experience with tracking Requirements/Issues/Stories in Jira
· Understands the intricacies of different testing cycles. I.e. Unit, Functional, System Integration, User Acceptance Testing and Smoke Testing
· Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
· Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
· BA/BS in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent experience
· At least 3-5 years of experience in similar role at a Fortune 500 client
· At least 3-5 years of experience working in a consulting environment, preferably within a software or consulting organization
Nice to have:
· Good understanding of technologies: Servlet/HTML 5, XML/Soap, Java, JDBC, Java Script, SOAP/REST API Webservices, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server
· Professional experience with Oracle Database, API integrations, and connectivity
· Good understanding of Cyber security and code remediation
· Experience with inventory or telco billing, subscription management, Oracle CPQ, and circuitry
· Experience in the fields of Datacenter, Telecommunications, IT infrastructure, E-commerce
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.