Robert Half Paralegal in PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
Our client, an international law firm, is looking to bring on a corporate paralegal to join their team. Details are below. For immediate and confidential consideration, please forward resumes directly to Vice President of Permanent Placement, Anne-Laure McGrory at anne-laure [dot] mcgrory [at] roberthalf [dot] [com].
The Paralegal supports lawyers and experienced practice area paralegals performing a variety of functions that may include factual research, document analysis, cite checking and Shepardizing, drafting transactional documents and document and /or database coordination. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
• Utilizes the firm's software and technology, specifically any practice-group driven technology
• Examines, organizes, summarizes, and analyzes information relating to particular questions to create a logical and usable work product
• Investigates factual issues by using a variety of resources, including client and industry repositories established by the case team or practice group, statutes, regulations, well-established and/or firm approved on-line media/web sites, as well as other outside sources
• Maintains client, matter, or practice group specific extranets, databases or libraries in appropriate electronic format or hard copy (or both as required by project guidelines)
• Presents results of all projects effectively in e-mails, written memos or in logical discussion; proactively provides status updates to project stakeholders
• Creates and maintains spreadsheets, utilizing standard formulas
• Coordinates the tracking and storage of client information in conjunction with the firm's Records Department; remain in compliance with department and firm policies
• Maintains all administrative standards set by the firm, including the preparation and submittal of daily time entries, attendance at administrative meetings, and other administrative tasks as assigned
• Minimum of two (2) years of paralegal experience in the relevant subject area
• Working understanding of the legal terminology and the foundation of law specific to the practice group
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to be trained on specific practice group technology
• Display the ability to express himself/herself clearly using proper grammar and appropriate vocabulary; comments are organized and precise; is able to describe a set of facts in an organized, clear, and concise manner
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present information to team in required format
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow up on assignments and produce a quality work product with appropriate oversight
• Maintain a positive, flexible and committed attitude; work collaboratively as part of a practice support team
• Ability and time management skills to work independently and meet deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions
• Critical thinking skills sufficient to make decisions regarding daily work, a willingness to follow instructions, and responsibility to bring all problems, concerns, or discrepancies to the attention of the supervising lawyer
• Remain current in practice area industry trends and in the legal profession; proactively seek out training opportunities
• Use sound judgment in decision making to solve problems and achieve defined business outcomes
• Organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision; proactively seek additional work as utilization allows
• Take the initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done; capture all information to complete the assigned project successfully
• Understand and follow specific and detailed instructions in oral and/or written form; ask appropriate questions to confirm project parameters including deadlines
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.