Robert Half International National Payroll Manager in PLEASANTON, California
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees the processing of multi-state weekly, bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll incorporating data from employee timecards and deductions. Such processing shall also include employee benefits, employee retirement savings contributions, fringe benefits, federal, state, and local mandatory deductions.
• Ensures payroll is processed accurately and completely to meet required deadlines. Reviews all payroll data prior to submission and immediately following the submission to ensure it is processed properly. Reviews all quarterly payroll data and ensures it meets federal and state deposit and reporting requirements.
• Reviews, processes, and approves payroll as required, including prevailing wage payments.
• Enters and audits employee information in payroll system and ensures required approvals are obtained.
• Collaborates with People & Culture department to maintain employee database. Assigns and classifies employees appropriately plus ensures the accuracy of employee pay rates, PTO accrual rates, and employee-to-supervisor relationships.
• Reviews employee timecards; ensures accuracy and validates supervisor approvals.
• Processes wage garnishments; completes and responds to garnishment notices and notifies employees appropriately.
• Identifies payroll-related issues and recommends ongoing process improvements and procedures for compliance with payroll deductions and reporting requirements.
• Leverages third-party and in-house reporting capabilities for standard and customized reports.
• Provides payroll training for supervisors. Answers employees’ payroll-related questions and resolves problems in a timely fashion.
• Develops and manages a secure filing system for all confidential information in written and/or electronic formats, including pay data, employee information, state filings and state registrations.
• Provides accurate and timely payroll information for the company’s workers compensation insurance coverage.
• Develops and executes special projects.
Integration of acquisitions from a payroll perspective
Strong track record of process improvements
Strong leadership skills
Ability to travel to portfolio company locations in Florida, California and Pennsylvania
Current payroll is 650 employees and after 3 new acquisitions in process in 2021 will be > 1,000 employees.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.