Robert Half Procurement Analyst in Pleasanton, California
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in sourcing various products and/or categories; utilizing the various standard sourcing processes adopted by the Strategic Sourcing Department.
• Lead Own Brands new item/innovation sourcing for multiple categories; supporting multiple sourcing members
• Identify new suppliers for new and existing items including supplier relationship management.
• Assist in routing and implementing contracts that support sourcing managers projects. Interface with company's Legal Counsel as needed to obtain approval on legal terms.
• Gather bid data and analyze complex supplier proposals and make award recommendations to sourcing management and business units.
• Summarize financials and present recommendations to business unit and senior management.
• Analyze inventory liabilities on discontinued product.
• Conduct Industry analysis and identify industry trends.
• Facilitate and/or participate on cross-functional teams which support initiatives of their assigned business units and projects.
• Support sourcing managers in executing cost savings initiatives that support the departments overall savings goal, deliver improved quality, service, and innovation.
• Support supplier transitions when required by monitoring liabilities, enabling supplier set-up and ensuring documentation is accurate and complete.
• Manage supplier relationships with primary responsibility for bringing resolution on a day to day issues related to pricing, product availability, and ongoing projects.
• Adhere to the Sourcing departments SOX policies and procedures.
• Preferred degree in: Economics, Mathematics, Food Science, Managerial Economics, or Statistics
• 3 - 5 years’ experience and the education listed above.
• 2 + years of negotiating contracts, buying/sourcing, retail experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.