Robert Half International Dispatcher in Pomona, California
We are looking for an experienced dispatcher, or up and coming transportation router, for upcoming openings in the Pomona area. A successful dispatcher will communicate effectively to drivers and is responsible to monitor and verify the successful completion of the assignments. Daily responsibilities for a dispatcher also include monitoring drivers on a day-to-day basis, make decisions on emergency and unforeseen situations. Any Dispatch experience with intermodal freight is a plus. Dispatch experience with both owner-operators and company drivers is preferred but not required, any dispatching our routing experience will suffice.
• Dispatchers are expected to establish and maintain relationships with customer(s), carrier(s), driver(s) to meet transportation coverage needs.
• Verify all driver’s paperwork against what is in the system.
• Answer calls promptly and politely.
• Dispatchers will assist drivers as necessary to resolve any challenges and use the resources as required for timely resolution.
• Routers will execute in routing drivers in a fast-paced environment, being timely and professional at all times.
• Fix common daily issues/errors/ problems in the system.
• Recommend procedures and guidelines to improve productivity and the service level of the department.
• Work as part of a dispatch team
• Follow company and departmental directives regarding policies and procedures in regards dispatching and router protocol.
• 1 years of dispatching, transportation, or routing experience
• Bilingual Spanish is a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
• Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
• Strong computer skills: Proficient in MS Suite
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at 888.490.4154 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00 / Hourly
Location: Pomona, CA
Date Posted: November 21, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00500-9502768763
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative