Robert Half Accountant in PORTLAND, Oregon
Robert Half is partnering with a local utility company to identify a Staff Accountant to join the team and provide support while the organization completes a software conversion. This is a 2-year contract position with a flexible hybrid schedule! While the bulk of the responsibilities will be in the accounts payable department, in this role you'll wear many hats from backing up payroll to support month end close. If you have 3+ years Staff Accountant experience and enjoy working in a dynamic position, this is the role for you!
What you'll do:
• Process accounts payable invoices, identifying and resolving any discrepancies
• Coordinate with Accounts Payable Specialist and Accounts Payable Accountant to provide backup and seamless execution of related tasks.
• Coordinate with Payroll Administrator to assist with bi-weekly payroll as needed and requested. Review timesheets and payroll changes, and process payroll. Maintain journals and payroll reports. Maintain complete and accurate payroll files and records. Critically review and analyze federal, state and local changes that may affect payroll and benefits and implement changes and systems as needed.
• Perform month-end close activities including journal entries, allocations, analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Collaborate with peers in the Finance department to achieve team objectives.2
Bachelors in Accounting
Great Plains experience preferred
3+ years of progress accounting experience
Advance Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.