Robert Half International Accounting Manager in Portland, Oregon
Robert Half Management Resources has a valuable opportunity and is seeking a thorough Accounting Manager for a company in the Portland area. The Accounting manager will take on daily accounting responsibilities including accounting and financial reporting. This is an opportunity to join a growing company and oversee the development process from ground-up. The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective internal control system and audit-readiness. Please contact Chris Giroux with Management Resources at 503.525.8853.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of restricted net assets
• Manage ad hoc requests and questions directed to Accounting
• Prepare quarterly financial reporting for management and Board of Directors, including consolidation of subsidiaries
• Support annual preparation of organizational budget
• Reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
• Manage the process of obtaining the Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA) rate and ensure compliance in grant proposals
• Oversee payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable processes while ensuring compliance
• Manage accounting system (Financial Edge) including security settings, new user set-up and period open and close
• Review and post entries; review balance sheet reconciliations
• Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting role, preferably in the nonprofit sector
• Strong proficiency with Excel, including formula writing and creating pivot tables required
• Advance experience with a computerized accounting and system software required
• Strong communication skills, both orally and written, especially communication of financial results and information
• Must possess initiative and a desire for continuous improvement
• Produce accurate and timely work efficiently
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with a variety of unique interim and long-term project opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/management-resources to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Management Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Portland, OR
Date Posted: November 18, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 03600-9502765508
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial