Robert Half Consumer Collections Supervisor in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Robert Half has partnered with our client in their search for a Credit/Collections Manager with Banking Experience.
Under the direction of the SVP/CAO or other designated Senior Manager, manages the bank’s consumer collections process and consumer asset liquidation functions.
• Provides the leadership supervision and training of the Collection department staff.
• Initiates and oversees forbearance, workouts, modifications, foreclosures, repossessions, liquidations, bankruptcies, deficiency actions and legal actions for both portfolio and investor serviced consumer loan accounts.
• Maintains the collection department subsidiary ledger accounts, Loan Charge Offs, Loan Recoveries, OREO properties, Gain/Loss on Sale of OREO.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for Board of Directors.
• Coordinates and ensures proper UCC compliance, debtor documentation.
• Manages all facets of the OREO from auction to sale of the asset.
• Oversees all submission to third party guarantee agencies.
• Develops the proper follow-up collection activity on debtor deficiency balances.
• Develops and recommends policies and procedures in the area of collection department operations.
• Makes recommendations to Supervisor concerning possible methods to improve the department.
• Has overall responsibility for the collection aspects of the Bounce Protection Program.
Reporting Structure: Reports into the Controller
Associates degree or higher
5+ years experience in accounting preferably in banking or financial services
Strong consumer collection experience
Team player, good communication skills
Requirements Collections - Consumer, Consumer Banking, Consumer Bankruptcy, Consumer Collections, Banking Credit Analysis, Banking Industry, Banking Operation, Banking Letters of Credit, Banking Law, Banking Regulation
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.