Robert Half International Systems Administrator in PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire
IT Technician Tier 2
Robert Half Technology is looking for a detail oriented IT Technician Tier 2 who is deeply passionate about networking hardware and software. Are you are a problem solver who has a strong knowledge of interfacing, security, Internet protocols and server and network infrastructure? Then we have the position you'll love.
What you get to do every single day
· Accountable for resolving customer technology issues and problem resolution in a variety of industries
· Work collaboratively with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on network support, optimization, and ongoing management
· Provide high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including hardware, hubs, bridges and routers
What you bring to the role
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering
· 3+ years Technical support experience
· Experience in creating and maintaining technical support and end user support documentation
· Skilled in performing basic network troubleshooting
· Knowledge of integrating and/or solving problems within Microsoft Server, Hyper-V, Office 365, Networking, and VPN’s.
Requirements - 3+ years of related experience
Proven knowledge of Meraki
Hyper-V experience desired
Microsoft Server experience
Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft SQL Server experience highly desired
Well-founded grasp of HP Servers
General familiarity with Backup Technologies
Deep understanding of VPN Technologies
Practical knowledge of Network Troubleshooting
Background working with network operating systems as well as programming or scripting language
Proficient in crafting, analyzing and fixing large-scale distributed systems
Command of clustered and virtual storage solutions
A good understanding of HTTP traffic, content delivery and caching
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.