Robert Half Data Engineer in PRINCETON, New Jersey
Responsibilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Implement custom processes for data cleansing and transformation.
• Utilize multiple tools and programs to analyze and convert source data to a standardized format.
• Build and maintain documentation for data conversion processes while seeking out process improvements.
• Perform data quality control reviews and data assessments to identify trends and anomalies.
• Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
• Work with product and engineering to define objectives and develop analytic tools and products.
In addition, our "ideal candidate" has the following skills & experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or related field.
• You are an analytical, result driven individual with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter, quick learner, problem-solver and someone who relishes challenges.
• 3+ years using SQL or other query and scripting languages to aggregate, gather, and manipulate data.
• 2+ years using scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
• Deep understanding of relational databases, ETL tools, data conversion and data cleansing methodologies
• Experience with (or at least exposure to) cloud-based databases like Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery.
• Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent.
• You have a love for all things data and data-driven solutions.
• Pride in your work, and high standards for yourself and the company you work for.
• Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop
• Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud
• Previous AdTech or MarTech industry experience
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.