Robert Half HR Generalist in Providence, Rhode Island
Description Supports day-to-day back office human resource functions, including meeting coordination, data entry, HRIS management, filing, providing reports and/or information to leadership as needed.
• Models the desired behaviors and values of the agency with effective customer service, a positive attitude and a solutions focus.
• Maintains employee records and ensures that all required documentation is complete, compliant, and up-to-date.
• Verifies and inputs data from Personnel Action Forms to the HRIS database
• Manages the HRIS database with accuracy and integrity
• Pulls individual data, and creates and prepares system generated reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
• Facilitates orientation for new hires or transfers including scheduling orientation, preparing materials, organizing speakers and ordering refreshments.
• Orders supplies and gifts as needed for program operations and employee recognition as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Keeps commitments; demonstrates ownership and accountability.
• Proven customer service skills; responds to management and staff needs in a timely, accurate, pleasant and solutions oriented manner. Comfort in dealing with difficult situations in a compassionate and respectful manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and be entrusted with sensitive information.
• Demonstrated proficient communication, both written and verbal and professionalism.
• Strong Interpersonal skills, analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, a sense of urgency and comfortability dealing with matters involving a high degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
• time management skills with ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced, team oriented environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
• A minimum of two (2) years HR department experience; benefits administration and records maintenance experience preferred.
• Knowledge of HR and/or payroll software.
Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Requirements MS Word, MS Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.