Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Provo, Utah
Join our consulting team!
A career as a Salaried Professional with Accountemps provides you with competitive pay and benefits, full-time employment, and a variety of new challenges. You work on engagements tailored to your experience, skill set and career objectives.
Robert Half Accountemps is adding to its Salaried Professional Service team. We are hiring Staff Accountants. Staff Accountants will typically prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Certain assignments might include being responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you might participate in SOX compliance, interact with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. Assignments could get involved in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Typically servicing our clients with projects, and coverages where continuity is key.
Sample of Typical Responsibilities:
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
• Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
• Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
• Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
• In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
• Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
• Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred or currently attending with experience.
• At least 1-2 years of Accounting experience
• Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills required
• Accounting experience in publicly traded company a plus
• Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems. Help clients upgrade and process improve, including automation with Excel, Access.
• Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Salaried Professional Benefits:
A variety of opportunities — Stay challenged
and engaged with a wide range of engagements
across a diverse clientele.
Stability and benefits — Enjoy the same diversity
of experiences as an independent contractor plus
the stability of a full-time job and competitive pay
Personal career manager — Your dedicated
Staffing Executive will help you achieve the
professional success you desire.
New skills — Learn new skills and keep your certifications
current with access to more than 8,000 free courses and
28,000 reference books.
Networking — Leverage the experience and guidance
of fellow Salaried Professionals and take advantage of
Accountemps’ long-standing business relationships with
top professional organizations.
Branding yourself — Build a reputation as a highly skilled
accounting and finance professional, which can help
generate repeat project opportunities with top-tier employers.
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $20.00 - $26.50 / Hourly
Location: Provo, UT
Date Posted: February 8, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04820-9502846806
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance