Robert Half International Director of Accounting in Purchase, New York
The Director, Corporate Accounting will be responsible for general accounting, month end closings, financial reporting, financial controls and cash management. They will participate in the setup of the company objectives and the elaboration of its policies and procedures. Ideal candidate experience preferred is from Big 4 public accounting firms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute and/or coordinate general accounting and related activities
• Produce the monthly financial statements respecting deadlines established by Management and ensure sound management of company assets
• Execute financial analysis, develop appropriate remedial recommendations and report to management
• Manage cash and accounts payable
• Make sure that the accounting system properly reflects the companys financial position
• Assist with the annual audit and quarterly reviews of the company
• Maintain good relationships with representatives of our external financial partners
• Support role with regards to tax files
• Prepare intercompany equity entries on a monthly basis
• Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy
• Responsible for managing system hardware and accounting software applications
• Assist in special projects as necessary
• Assist with the timely and accurate internal monthly and quarterly financial reporting to senior management and Corporate Finance in compliance with reporting timetables.
• Ensure strong reconciliation and analytical review of controls exists within the finance department and develop regular reconciliation status reporting including aged items
• Formalize accounting policies over areas of responsibility and include both GAAP and STAT components of each policy
• Develop plan for regular testing of controls over Financial Reporting
• Ensure that control documentation is kept current
• Ensure closing process efficiency is to a public company standard
• Assist with the coordination and handling of regulatory agencies financial audits
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations
If your background and experience aligns with the requirements of this opportunity, please send your resume in a Microsoft Word document to Joe Ciavardini at email@example.com for immediate consideration. Be sure to cite the job reference number and the title of the position in the subject of your email.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of applicants for this position, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
CPA is a must
Big 4 or public accounting experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Purchase, NY
Date Posted: September 9, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02970-0011462696
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance