Robert Half International Infrastructure Project Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
• Design, develop, update, and manage the project plan utilizing the appropriate tools (e.g., MS Project, NetSuite PPM, Trello etc.)
• Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters
• Manage project schedule and delivery
• Identify, record, and manage project risks and issues
• Assists in the preparation of time and cost estimates for completing projects
• Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested
• Prepare presentations as required and requested
• Routinely communicate project results to the Account Executive, Portfolio Manager, and Customer
• Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables and resolve conflicts
• Able to communicate clearly, effectively, on time, and to the correct audience
• Ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities with and to the project team
• Able to successfully manage multiple projects by applying project management best practices and understanding the objectives and key risks of the business and IT
• Able to effectively manage the project life-cycle from inception to close
• Assist in the closeout of completed projects
• Supports the Account Executive (AE) in Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) creation as part of the pre-sales cycle
• Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in the system of record
• Calculate and forecast project cost(s)
• Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions
• Create monthly project financial health reports
• Complete project change requests to manage large variances
• Work with Subject Matter Expert (SME) to determine the appropriate hardware and software needs
• Acquire quotes as needed for hardware and software purchasing
• Work with Resource Managers to procure external resource(s)
• 5+ years of experience managing large scale IT infrastructure projects through all phases of the delivery methodology from charter to deployment to cutover
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to communicate to all levels of corporate enterprise personnel from system admin to CxO
• Highly proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
• Ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) from a blank slate
• Strong technical background enabling you to work closely with technologists to define and manage the technical tasks required for project success
• Experience managing IT infrastructure projects that leverage technologies such as AWS, MS Azure, VMware vRealize Suite, MS Hyper-V and System Center, Cisco, Dell/EMC, etc.
• Experience managing IT infrastructure projects in the areas of data center transformation, cloud migrations, disaster recovery, applications migrations, etc
• Ability to manage vendors as part of the project core team
• Keen focus on customer service and an understanding that IT must provide business value
• PMP certification is desired
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.