Robert Half International Lab Asset Management Admin in Raleigh, North Carolina
Looking for a Lab Asset Management Admin for an Onsite position in downtown Raleigh, NC.
Primary responsibilities will include receiving hardware from the shipping dock, checking it against established receiving procedures, decommission and eWaste, break fix, upgrading firmware in an engineering facility under the guidance of administrators, and performing asset management data entries and audits within the inventory system.
• Unpacking shipments and validating bill of Ladings for items
• Breakdown and dispose of cardboard and trash from shipments
• Receiving Hardware via Service Now tool
• Administration work such as updating serial numbers, rack locations, warranty information etc in our Open Source Asset tool
• Moving Hardware such as switches, cables, boxes etc. Able to lift/ move 50lbs
• Assist with racking & cabling hardware
• Remove and uncable hardware from racks
• Label and audit for new installs
• Handle Break fix tickets in our Lab Operations queue via Snow
• Coordinate with Vendors for onsite technical support
• Receive, check in, and rack and stack servers
• Troubleshoot technical issues
• Respond to engineering requests through the ticketing system
• Maintain and administer hardware, including configuration changes and firmware upgrades
• Perform other administrative work related to labs
• Decommission and eWaste Hardware
• Prior experience in computer operations, system administration, or a closely related area.
• Basic knowledge of, or experience with Linux or UNIX
• Degree or certificate in computer science or a technology-related field is preferred
• Ability to lift, carry, squat, and bend; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Motivated to advance in the information technology profession, with excellent troubleshooting skills
• Good work ethic and an ability to learn and quickly grasp technical concepts (there will, however, be people on hand for guidance)
• Good interpersonal communication skills and capable of explaining simple procedures both verbally and in writing
• Excellent verbal and written customer service skills
• Detail oriented and thorough when following procedures, as well as able to follow verbal and written instructions
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $15.04 - $19.00 / Hourly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 03220-0011591088
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT