Robert Half International Python Software Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Robert Half is looking for a Python Software Engineer to join our team! This role is 100% remote, but must work east coast hours.
In this role, you will work on the Entitlement Client Tooling team contributing to the development and maintenance of the subscription and entitlement management client tools including subscription-manager and virt-who. You will improve the quality, stability, and user experience of customer's subscription experience through solving bugs, implementing features and helping produce releases of these tools for Fedora, Centos, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other distributions. This team is uniquely placed within the company so as to help improve the customer subscription experience, a team focused on tooling crucial to the business. As a Software Engineer, you will work in the upstream and contribute your solutions to our open source projects: subscription-manager and virt-who. You’ll need to be proactive, motivated, and able to work in a collaborative, distributed environment.
Primary Jobs Responsibilities
• Solve bugs and implement features according to designs for future improvements in our open source projects
• Maintain developer-oriented documentation
• Maintain supporting tooling and automation for our open source projects
• Produce releases for our open source projects for Fedora, Centos, and RHEL
• Work in a collaborative, distributed environment
• 3+ years of experience in Python developing user applications.
• 2+ years of experience administering Linux systems
• 1+ years of experience with distributed source control tools like Git or Mercurial
• 1+ years of implementing integration design patterns, especially in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture
• 1+ years working with continuous integration tools and processes. Continuous delivery experience is a plus.
• 1+ years developing Java unit tests, such as JUnit or Spock
• 1+ years working in an Agile team environment
• 1+ years working with distributed source control such as Git, including branching and merging
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other closely related field
• Experience with the following will be considered a plus
• Advanced experience writing, maintaining and releasing python 2 and python 3 applications
• Experience in developing in a Linux environment
• An interest in writing in c, c++, go (experience is a plus)
• Experience with open source communities and development is a plus
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $42.75 - $54.00 / Hourly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 03220-0011666548
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT