Robert Half International Software Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Robert Half is looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our team! This role is 100% remote, but must work east coast hours.
In this role, you will work on the core of Subscription-Watch team focused on developing, cloud-native HTTP and messaging APIs and customer-facing web applications. You'll collaborate with both local and remote team members to document, design, develop, test, operate, and maintain enterprise API management and integration solutions. You will also work on the full-stack design, development, testing, and release of modern web applications, with a focus on the back-end and system integrations.
Qualified applicants will contribute to the team's capabilities by demonstrating technical competency, exceptional communication skills, personal initiative, creativity, desire to learn, transparency, and ability to work as part of a global team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, document, test, maintain, and operate message-based middleware and HTTP services for internal and external customers
• Design, develop, test, and maintain Java applications and RESTful web services, leveraging frameworks including Spring MVC and Spring Security
• Document use cases, create physical and logical data models
• Work closely with domain experts to analyze and implement business requirements
• Design database schemas, indexes, and transaction boundaries within performance and scalability constraints
• Automate infrastructure management best practices with OpenShiftEvaluate open source solutions to meet business needs
• 2+ years of experience performing object-oriented analysis and design
• 2+ years of experience in Java, including Spring and Gradle or other object-oriented languages
• 2+ years of experience administering Linux systems
• 2+ years of experience using Postgresql
• 2+ years of experience developing applications working in an agile development environment
• 1+ years of experience with distributed source control tools like Git or Mercurial
• 1+ years of implementing integration design patterns, especially in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture
• 1+ years working with continuous integration tools and processes. Continuous delivery experience is a plus.
• 1+ years developing Java unit tests, such as JUnit or Spock
• 1+ years working in an Agile team environment
• 1+ years working with distributed source control such as Git, including branching and merging
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other closely related field
Experience with the following will be considered a plus:
• 1+ years Kafka, Red Hat JBoss AMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, or Apache ActiveMQ Artemis
• 1+ years of experience in Go
• 1+ years Spring Data
• 1+ years JPA
• 1+ years Working on open source projects
• 1+ years Swagger or OpenAPI
• 1+ years Spring Boot
• 1+ years Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes
• 1+ years developing against SQL databases such as MariaDB or Oracle
• 1+ years Writing automation using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Jenkins
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $42.75 - $54.00 / Hourly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 03220-0011592219
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT