Robert Half International Sr. DevOps Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Our client is seeking an remote Senior DevOps Engineer with a Systems Administration background. In this role, you will work with other technical and non-technical leaders to help bring DevOps to IT. You'll become a member of a small, agile team focused on fostering DevOps culture and facilitating continuous integration and continuous delivery across the global enterprise IT organization. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will develop, communicate, and exercise a working knowledge of what it takes for DevOps to be successful, engaging, and fun in an enterprise IT environment. You will also engage with the worldwide DevOps community to develop and share your knowledge through blog posts, speaking at virtual conferences, etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will embrace the exciting blend of technical expertise, engagement ability, and support leadership that is required to be successful.
This is a remote role, working East Coast or Central hours.
• Cultivate relationships with stakeholders, including IT team members, both technical and non-technical, and stakeholders in development and operations teams across the IT global organization
• Coordinate with project management for the completion of stories in the Agile methodology
• Translate backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work or tasks
• Drive issue resolution and root cause analysis and report communications back to stakeholders
• Articulate a common vision and roadmap for the team to others in IT for the Application Pipeline capabilities.
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of the IT CI pipeline.
• Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance
• Ensure all services are performed following Cloud Services standard processes
• Assist in identifying, creating, and rolling out support process improvements
• Cloud Customer Solutions L3 support for the CI pipeline capabilities provided.
• Document and train others on processes, best practices, and tooling
• 8+ years working with Linux or Unix environments
• 6+ years experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt in production environments
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
• Experience in management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
• Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, JMeter)
• Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, Sensu, NewRelic , or similar.
• Experience with log aggregation and management tools such as Loggly, Logstash, Sumologic or Splunk
• Experience deploying and supporting continuous integration and continuous deployment techniques and toolchains, especially using Gitlab or Github, in an enterprise setting
• Basic experience deploying systems on Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), especially AWS and OpenStack
• Basic experience deploying applications on Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), especially OpenShift
• Experience in Agile Scrum teams (Jira/Confluence, Rally)
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
• Willingness to work with globally dispersed team members with a different language and cultural backgrounds
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $60.16 - $76.00 / Hourly
Location: Raleigh, NC
Date Posted: February 8, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 03220-0011698202
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT