Robert Half Patient Administrative Specialist in Redwood City, California
Description JOB DESCRIPTION
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Contractors must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient’s rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings. Contractors must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford’s patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
• Greets and welcomes patients and assists them with initial questions regarding appointments, payments, schedules, etc.
• Answers multi-line phone, screens and routes calls, takes messages for clinic staff and physicians Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider.
• Communicate with providers regarding scheduling preferences, and ability to respond to urgent patient needs.
• Provide doctor-patient support using reference documents and tools.
• Carry out various administrative tasks, including maintaining information and paging directory databases, and processing internal forms.
• Utilize all functionality of the telephone system and electronic medical records systems in performing assigned job tasks.
• Meet/Exceed organizational and department service standards.
• Answers non-clinical CRMs, escalating where appropriate.
• Answers non-clinical patient messages, escalating where appropriate.
• Managing and distributing faxes, mail, and filing of clinic-specific documentation.
• Working with care teams, patients, and outside facilities to obtain necessary information, diagnostic imaging, pathology, and other vital information required for care.
• Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider, in addition to preparing patient medical records for clinic appointments.
• Assists patients and physicians in scheduling ancillary tests before and after clinic visits.
• Assists patients and physicians by scheduling treatment appointments for patients, including surgery, ITA, radiology, etc.
• Ensures that all scheduled patients are eligible for services requested and /or determines patient eligibility.
• Informs patient’s authorization and collects payment for new and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
• Coordinates care by scheduling, editing and maintaining routine patient physician appointments for new and returning patients. Requirements Patient Appointments, Schedule Patient Appointments, Patient Calls, Patient Access
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.