Robert Half Trademark and Intellectual Property Paralegal in REMOTE, Connecticut
Our client is a a direct-to-consumer company. They are seeking to hire a Trademark and Intellectual Property Paralegal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist in preparing and filing of U.S. patent and trademark applications and various documents via the USPTO’s electronic filing systems
• Regularly communicate to internal stakeholders regarding status of applications and patent
• Prepare and file IDS and accompanying documents
• Process payment of Issue Fees
• Strong knowledge of USPTO rules and requirements
• Organize and maintain files, contracts, databases, spreadsheets and other materials
• Maintain relationships with external counsel across all disciplines and track external counsel activity across the organization
• Collaborate with functional leaders for contract review and execution
• Create processes for legal documentation across the organization
• Manage Company insurance policies and renewals
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• Associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate and five or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, work experience and training in an in-house setting
• Minimum of three years of experience with patents, trademark applications, renewal applications and copyright applications
• Familiarity with USPTO’s patent and trademark electronic databases and filing systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to create, compose, proof and edit correspondence
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Database and records management skills
• Possess and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Possess strong organizational, prioritization and delegation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate the organization
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressured environment
• Able to develop a strong rapport with various department staff earning trust and respect
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.