Robert Half International Controller in Renton, Washington
Candidates who are driven by high expectations will be interested in this position. If you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued, this could be the job for you. Candidates who would be excited to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to join a successful company as a Controller. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Renton, Washington region. This position is for candidates who can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. This role's duties will require effectively managing self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, leading while also being a team player, generating innovative ideas, and challenging the status quo. Exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth are offered by this position.
Location: Renton, WA
Salary: DOE and Benefits
How you will make an impact
• Planning, directing and coordinating all operational accounting functions
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Managing the budget process
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Performing analysis on financial results, trends, costs and budgets
• Preparing forecast reports for income, expenses and earnings
• Ensuring that accounting activities are in compliance with GAAP
• Preparing tax schedules and returns and ensuring that corporate income tax compliance is accurate
• Creating and implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues
• Creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
Requirements - Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
Microsoft Excel experience
Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Skillful in analytical, quantitative and social skills
Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.