Robert Half International Plant Controller in Richburg, South Carolina
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for an achievement-oriented Plant Controller to join a well-respected manufacturing company. This is a leadership role with responsibility over 2 plant locations. As the Plant Controller, you will be overseeing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, overseeing the cost accounting, and leading staff for the 2 plant locations. We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability, and leadership; and is capable of providing exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability.
Role & Responsibilities
• Lead the accounting and cost accounting duties for the two plants
• Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
• Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
• Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
• Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis
• Work closely with CFO, executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
• Travel required at first - once monthly but then can be reduced
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
• 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
• Excellent technology, analytical and management experience required
• Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
• Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• SAP experience is highly preferred but not required
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Experience working in the manufacturing industry and as a Plant Controller
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved
• Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
• Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Cost Accounting, SAP, Plant Controller experience, manufacturing
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Richburg, SC
Date Posted: October 13, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03190-0011588377
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance