Robert Half Accounts Payable Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
Robert Half is looking for an Accounting Analyst for an opportunity with a large organization! The staff accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will report to the accounting manager, and you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce financial statements, cash flow projections, and budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
· Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
· Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
· Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
· Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
· Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
· In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
· Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
· Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
· Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
· Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
· Participate in various department-wide initiatives
· Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
· Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
· Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
· Credentials: BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
· Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
· At least 2 years of Accounting experience
· Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills required
· Accounting experience in publicly traded company a plus
· Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.