Robert Half Staff Accountant in Rochelle, Illinois
Description Robert Half is looking for a Staff Accountant for a client in the western suburbs. The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Accounting. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
• Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances.
• Assist in the monthly review and close process.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and expense accounts.
• Review financial reports to identify and explain variances against budget.
• Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations for various company bank accounts
• Review company bank accounts daily and support posting of wire and ACH payments to the accounting systems
• Weekly accounts payable review for proper general ledger account allocations
• Compile accounting, financial, auditing or statistical reports pertaining to matters such as company expenditures, accounts payable, vendor disbursements and other as needed
• Comply with federal and state regulations as well as company policies, procedures, and GAAP
• Assist the Director of Accounting and CFO with various accounting or payable activities for the company and its related entities
• Other duties as assigned
Successful Staff Accountant will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years of experience in accounting required
• Expertise in accounting close processes, financial reporting and internal controls
• Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with accounting & financial reporting systems; knowledge of multiple systems a plus
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills- SAP, Word, Excel
If interested, please contact Brian Keating at 630-836-7152. Requirements General Ledger, Month End Close, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Account Reconciliation, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.