Robert Half International Medical Data Entry Clerk in ROCHESTER, New York
We have an excellent opportunity for a detailed, highly skilled Medical Records Specialist in the growing healthcare industry. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about growing your healthcare career, we want to hear from you!
How you will make an impact:
• Processing the release of patient information following proper ROI and HIPAA guidelines
• Reviewing and responding to requests coming in from attorney and/or courts, law enforcement, and healthcare insurance companies
• Organize records and documents to complete the ROI process
• Responds to requests in a timely manner through electronic formats
• Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional and friendly manner
• Scan medical records and merge duplicate records.
• Receive and scan requests into the system.
• Ensure accuracy and compliance.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
Ability to multi-task and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Excellent telephone etiquette and keyboard skills
Ability to work efficiently and accurately
Healthcare clerical experience, including a working knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Experience using EPIC
At least one year experience working with medical records required
Previous experience working with an electronic medical system required
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a requirement
Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• HS Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
• Health Information Management experience (HIM)
• 2 years of experience in Health Information management and medical records
• Experience with Epic and EMR
• RHIT certification is preferred
• Knowledge of HIPAA Compliance and Patient Privacy Rule
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.