Robert Half International Actuarial Analyst in Rock Island, Illinois
A highly reputable and growing insurance company is seeking an Actuarial Analyst to join their growing Actuarial Student Program team. Our client offers a rewarding environment, professional growth and development, driven yet laid back environment, and extremely competitive benefits. In this opportunity, you will perform actuarial analysis to support certificate valuations, planning forecasts, pricing, and operational objectives while growing into a Actuarial Analyst position once certifications are passed. Not only will our client provide excellent guidance to build upon your skillset, but you will also be given time during work hours to study for your exams to receive the Associate of Society of Actuaries and Fellow of Society of Actuaries designations, This position will start off as remote, but would eventually like someone who can relocate to the Quad Cities Area or commute there occasionally.
Actuarial Analyst Job Duties:
• Provide support to the Chief Actuary and others by performing analysis to assist in financial analysis, financial planning, and valuation process improvements.
• Assist in the calculation of actuarial determined financial values and non-forfeiture values of new and existing plans of insurance.
• Help prepare schedules of statistics, financial statements, premiums, reserves, and benefits, documenting and verifying the factors used in related computations.
• Assist in the preparation of actuarial research and complex reports and experience studies.
• Present findings and exhibits to peers and others including technical and non-technical audiences and across functional teams.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of actuarial tools.
• Complete special projects for the Chief Actuary as needed.
To learn more about this career building opportunity or apply immediately, e-mail your resume directly to Emily.McDaniel@RobertHalf.com.
Actuarial Analyst Requirements:
-Bachelors in Mathematics, Finance, or other related field (Open to May 2021 Graduates)
-Must have passed at least one actuarial exam or in the process to take one
-Strong analytical, reporting, and time management skills
-Excellent communicator as you will work with employees in all levels of the company
-Advanced MS Excel skills
-Experience with Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and/or R programming language for large or iterative calculations
-Ideal candidates will be 1+ years of experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Rock Island, IL
Date Posted: January 4, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01530-0011657804
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance