Robert Half Controller in ROCKVILLE, Maryland
Our client, a growing professional services company is looking for a Controller to join their Accounting team. This will be the top Accountant reporting to the executives. Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
· Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
· Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
· Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
· Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
· Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
· Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
· Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
· In conjunction with the EVP, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
· Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
· Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
· Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
The ideal candidate for this Controller role will have 10+ years exp in day to day accounting, US GAAP, Financial Statement Preparation, supervisory, full ownership of the outside audit and a BS in Accounting (CPA++). To apply to this Controller role please do so through this posting or reach out to Caren Bromberg Bach on LinkedIn or call Caren Bach at 301.965.9035.
Requirements - 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
Great attention to detail
Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Well-founded grasp of journal entries
Deep understanding of general ledger
Proven knowledge of Balance Sheet Reconciliation
Month end closings experience preferred
Quality experience with CPA
Expertise in financial statement preparation
US GAAP experience desired
Practical knowledge of budgeting
Experience with account reconciliation
General familiarity with payroll
Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.