Robert Half Senior Auditor in Rosemead, California
Our banking client is looking for an operational audit consultant. The consultant will perform operational and compliance audits and various value-add projects under the direction of internal audit management. The consultant will be responsible for assisting Internal Audit management with project planning, execution, and reporting. Responsibilities include:
Lead the execution of operational and compliance audit process from start to finish, including planning and audit execution according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements (including operational enhancements or efficiencies) and preparing audit reports. Provide updates to management on progress.
Review work performed by other team members where applicable and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames.
Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
Assist with developing the audit staff by performing effective work paper review, preparing constructive interim and annual performance evaluations and providing training opportunities.
May participate in various key management committees, acting in an advisory capacity.
Identify opportunities for, and participate in approved special projects, investigations or other significant business issues.
(This work is remote but unfortunately we need a west coast based consultant.)
• Bachelor’s Degree (CPA or CIA preferred)
• At least 4-6 years related audit experience - in a Bank or Financial Services industry preferred but not required.
• Knowledgeable about the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends.
• Deep understanding of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to work closely and collaboratively with people at all levels in the department and within the organization.
• Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.