Robert Half Medical Billing & Coder in Roseville, California
· Assigns codes and modifiers into the hospital encoder system within established Health Information Management standards. Abstracts and codes Acute Outpatient and Emergency Department Coding encounters as assigned based on functional expertise.
· Determines principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures for Acute Outpatient & amp; and Emergency Department Coding records, regardless of complexity, according to all applicable coding rules and regulatory standards. Assignment Specific Responsibilities
· Correctly determines principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures for Acute Outpatient & amp; Emergency Department Coding records, regardless of complexity, according to all applicable coding rules and regulatory standards
· Accurately assigns codes and modifiers into the hospital encoder system within established Health Information Management standards
· Coordinates with others as needed to ensure comprehensive and timely completion of coding for claims processing purposes
· Accurately abstracts hospital service records within Health Information Management standards and regulatory requirements. Seeks clarification or additional records regarding services rendered or procedures performed as needed to support accurate and comprehensive billing and reimbursement for each individualized record
· Correctly assigns ICD-9-CM (or ICD-10-CM as required) and CPT-4 codes and modifiers for all hospital based outpatient encounters, including ancillary, emergency department, ambulatory surgery, and recurring accounts
· Codes and abstracts at least the minimum number of records per hour in accordance with established productivity and quality standards Works with direct supervisor to identify minor set of responsibilities to develop and perform in support of peaks, valleys and cycles across the Shared Services Organization and individual career growth opportunities. Performs both Major and Minor responsibilities after initial year Performance Management
· Ensures delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding all individual operating metrics
· Plans and organizes work so Individual Operating Metrics and Service Level Agreement objectives are realized
· Recognizes and communicates potential issues to his/her team leader as appropriate People Development
· 2+ Years’ experience in Medical Coding for facility of significant size and complexity, hospital business operations, information systems, and coding applications
· Knowledge of hospital inpatient, outpatient, and/or emergency department coding rules, Ambulatory Payment Classifications and Diagnosis Related Group assignment logic,
· Experience participating in Coding standards, processes, policies, procedures and service level agreements
· Knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, patient health record content and the medical record coding process
· Knowledge of computer based encoder systems and accurate data entry skills
· Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pharmacology
· Familiarity with billing functions and the components of a charge description master
· Familiarity with Coding management functions in acute and non-acute settings
· Knowledge of Patient Management information system applications, preferably EPIC Skills
· Excellent ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to interact with others
· Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
· High School Diploma / GED
· Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certified required
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.