Vice President of Technology (Logistics / Supply Chain) in Rutherford, New Jersey
The Vice President of Products and Technology is responsible for overseeing all technology operations including infrastructure, data, integrations, vendor relationships, system administration, and project management. He/She directs the development, implementation and management of the organizational information technology strategic plan, policies and processes. He/She will provide solutions to improve the technological resources of the firm as well as oversee existing solutions and products. This position will direct and lead the information technology teams as well as the systems and project administration team. The Vice President of Products and Technology will direct, plan, organize, prioritize staffing and coordinate the activities and programs for the companies information technology systems and services, including the long-term systems and product requirements to accomplish business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages the overall IT budget, including infrastructure, products, telecommunications, info security, disaster recovery, and hardware. Makes investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs
· Builds, implements, and leads technology plans, including overall strategy and vision, that align with organizational goals.
· Takes an active role in leading the day-to-day operations of managers and teams, identies opportunities for improvement.
· Collaborates cross functionally with multiple departments to ensure company success.
· Develops and leads development of SOPs, metrics, and processes for workflow improvements, risk assessment, and business process improvements.
· Defines scope and goals, set and track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to executive management.
· Provides strong top-down support, including teambuilding, individual development, relationship building, team cohesion, and leadership organization.
· Assesses and prioritizes solutions based on opportunity, return-on-investment, resource availability and time-to-market attributes.
· Stays on top of technology trends and developments; collaborates to understand market trends, perceptions, and business needs while translating these insights into solutions requirements.
· Cultivates appropriate awareness among key internal stakeholders while working with externally-facing resources to align to outside stakeholders (e.g., partners, clients, and industry influencers)
· Responsible for continually enriching and elevating team skills, experience, and diversity with a focus on succession planning for direct reports.
· Provides inspirational leadership in order to win appropriate mindshare, alignment, and support towards delivering business vision and opportunities.
· Responsible for people management including hiring, development/mentoring and training of direct and indirect reports to enable continuous growth and improvement.
· Ensures that all reports have documented career goals and plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
· Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
· Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
· Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
· Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work to advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
· Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
· Keeps employees informed as to company/department/division plans and progress.
· Drives and is accountable for the adoption and training on all applicable technology. Ensures technology is being used properly and effectively.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.