Robert Half Controller in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Robert Half has a great opportunity for a Senior Controller. This is a very dynamic, high profile position with significant visibility at executive management level. In this Senior Controller role, you will be responsible for managing processes to ensure models are accurate and fully accrued on a monthly basis, and for holding the operations team accountable for effective end to end incentive processing, payments, accounting, and related financial controls. The Senior Controller position is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota and is on a long-term contract / temporary to hire basis.
· Manage all aspects of operating and foundation finances and accounting
· Lead the process of developing the finance related processes and procedures
· Maintain a high level of knowledge and ensure compliance with current GAAP non-profit standards
· Oversee implementation of and compliance with financial policies, procedures, systems and infrastructure
· Oversee organizational purchasing for administrative and program needs, service contracts, leases and other purchasing agreements
· Oversee and report on cash management
· Develop/recommend policies and procedures to improve cash management; provide reports of cash position; project cash flows and cash needs.
· Oversee the General Liability Insurance, Workers’ Compensation and other insurance programs
· Ensure completion and timely filing of required local, state and federal returns and ensure compliance with applicable financial reporting requirements and governmental regulations.
· Oversee the development and management of the annual operating budget for the JCC and Foundation; support staffs to develop budgets and accurate forecasts.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements at appropriate level of detail for various stakeholders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, user experience in MIP Fund Accounting or similar platform
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
· Positive attitude and dedication to providing exceptional customer service
· Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Minimum of five years accounting and finance experience in a non-profit setting
· Commitment to equity, diversity, environmental stewardship, and social justice
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.