Robert Half International Tax Sr. - Corporate in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Description We are currently looking for an enthusiastic tax professional interested in joining an established and growing company in supporting our worldwide operations in Salt Lake City, Utah. This role will report to the Head of Tax and will be an essential part of the tax reporting and compliance processes.
The Sr. Tax Accountant has primary responsibility for all indirect taxes, including, but not limited to sales & use tax, property taxes, unclaimed property, annual reports, tax notices, and assisting with corporate tax returns, transfer pricing and other projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all North American indirect tax compliance and processes including sales & use tax, exemption certificate management, review, and approval of third party prepared indirect tax returns and payments, reconciliation of indirect tax accounts, and process improvement.
• Support the process during indirect tax examination by tax authorities, including providing supporting documentation and using results to improve processes.
• Actively look for opportunities to obtain refunds from overpaid sales & use taxes by preparing reverse audits and submitting amended returns for refunds or credits.
• Coordination of unclaimed property with other Finance members and filing timely reports as needed.
• Support the global strategic planning objectives of the company as directed by management and other tax department members.
• Work closely with other tax department members and corporate support functions to ensure compliance and minimize risk.
• Other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
• Self-motivated with a sense of responsibility to contribute, own projects, and ability to multi-task and work under various deadlines.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills required to function as part of a team with the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Acute attention to detail, excellent time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent work experience is required.
• 2-5 years indirect tax experience is required.
• Interest in and ability to learn and contribute to all areas of tax and software tools.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Requirements Sales Tax, Tax - Sales & Use, Indirect Tax, Indirect Tax Compliance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.