Robert Half International Accounting Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Interim Accounting Manager needed for large shared service center in San Antonio. This role will lead and manage the staff and operations of a specific functional area within the Accounting department. Function as a member of the core finance management team, assisting senior financial management with strategic/operational planning initiatives to support future business growth as it relates to the functional area of responsibility. Participate in various strategic, accounting-related company initiatives as they arise. Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and financial audit requirements are satisfied. Minimize and or eliminate operational risks to the business at all times. This function performs both highly complex statistical and financial analysis and is required to think and act independently when judgment is required.
This position leads a specific functional area of accounting and will directly supervise 0 - 10 regular and/or temporary accounting professionals. This role is onsite in San Antonio.
A 4-year degree in Accounting
· A minimum of 7 years of accounting experience including at least 2 years in a leadership role.
· A minimum three years of experience with a computerized accounting system including general ledger interface in a high-volume environment.
· A solid understanding of account relationships and all principles and practices of accounting control procedures, accounting and financial analysis skills involving components and other retail specific types of spend
· Strong experience in developing and implementing business improvements in the following areas: processes, procedures, and policies.
· Strong interpersonal communications skills due to the nature and level of interaction with department personnel as well as senior leadership.
· Being a pivotal change contributor which could involve systems, accounting, and third parties.
· Intermediate to advanced skills with Windows software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
The Following Experience Is Preferred, However Not Required
· Demonstrated successful experience in leading month and year end closing.
· Previous working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle financial software.
· Possess a current CPA certification
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.