Robert Half International Senior Billing Specialist in San Antonio, Texas
Our client, a growing engineering company is hiring a Senior Biller on a temp to hire opportunity.
• Provide services to support Project Managers in various office locations in opening, maintaining and closing projects in Deltek system.
• Read and extract salient information from contract documents to ensure project set-up is correct and the proper billing and revenue recognition occurs.
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services-related to billing.
• Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for government and commercial customers for all contract types (CPFP, FFP, and T&M), including all applicable backup for approval by the PM.
• Ensures invoices comply with appropriate contracts, guidelines and regulations. Identifies issues, researches same and remedies as appropriate.
• Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Billing Manager, as to your observations and actions taken.
• Make transfers of employee billable hours and expenses.
• Deliver final invoices to clients via either mail, email, or web-based invoicing systems.
• Process sub consultant invoices.
• Coordinate with Accounts Payable staff to ensure inclusion of billable AP vouchers/reimbursable expenses in billing periods.
• Write off any receivables, labor or expenses as directed by the PM or PIC.
• Monitor aged AR client balances and pursue collections when needed.
• Work with the Sr. Accountant to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
• Attend monthly billing meetings with PM's, PIC's, and CFO.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Identify potential problems or areas for improvement and suggest solutions.
• 5 year's experience in Accounts Receivables and invoicing process.
• 2+ year of billing experience working in a TXDOT contracting environment; billing FFP, T&M, and Cost Plus contract types.
• Prior experience with various TxDOT invoicing templates.
• Excellent Excel skills required.
• Knowledge of Deltek Vision 7.0 software is a plus but not required
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting Preferred
• Ability to effectively manage high volumes of work with quick deadlines and changing priorities on a consistent basis
• Ability to effectively develop and maintain professional relationships with all level of employees in an organization in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to normal business hours with occasional overtime as needed or requested
If you are extremely detail oriented, and have experience with complex billing this position is for you! Call 210-696-8300 or email your resume to Luis Flores @ email@example.com to apply today and start work on Monday
Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
Strong expertise in spreadsheets, internet applications and ERP systems
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
5+ years of experience in a related role
Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Billing experience desired
Account reconciliation experience highly desired
Billing Functions experience
Adeptness in Accrued Expenses
Foundational knowledge in Deltek
Proficiency in Full Cycle
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $23.75 - $27.50 / Hourly
Location: San Antonio, TX
Date Posted: January 4, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04080-0011657932
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance