Robert Half International Staff Accountant in San Antonio, Texas
General Ledger Accountant I with Deltek Costpoint needed for an immediate start.
Our client that provides Commercial Services needs a General Ledger I
The General Ledger Accountant I, under the direction of the GL Accounting Manager, will perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on general ledger, month end close and audit support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the month end close under the supervision of the GL Accounting Manager.
• Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly consolidated financial statements and reports.
• Responsible for general ledger.
• Fixed asset processing and reporting.
• Perform monthly bank account reconciliations.
• Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
• Prepare journal entries, analysis, and trial balance account reconciliations with supporting documentation.
• Assist in the support of external Audits by providing timely accurate documentation.
• Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
• Research monthly financial variance analysis.
• Ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Prepare and remit multi-state general excise taxes, sales & use.
• Ensure corporate federal and state tax compliance.
• Other Duties as assigned
• A minimum of 10 years general ledger experience in accounting preferred.
• Public accounting experience a plus.
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
• Adherence to policies, procedures, and instructions of GL Accounting Manager.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Access, Outlook
• Experience in Costpoint a plus.
• Knowledge in general excise tax a plus.
• Experience in multi-site/state operations is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of federal contracting preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
If you are extremely detail oriented, able to multitask and are looking to work in a casual environment this position is for you! Call Accountemps 210-696-8300 or apply online for immediate consideration.
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Deep understanding of Fixed Asset Accounting
Comprehension of excise tax
Well-founded grasp of journal entries
Practical knowledge of Prepare Trial Balance
Bank Account Reconciliation experience
Experience with Reconcile Bank Account
Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel
Good understanding of Multi-state Tax
General familiarity with Prepare Trial Balance
Quality experience with external auditing
Skills in Monthly Sales Tax
General ledger experience
General Ledger System experience
Proven knowledge of account reconciliation
Earlier work involving US GAAP
Experience with Excel Formulas
Prior experience with Microsoft Excel
Wide ranging experience with GAAP Accounting
Previous experience working with Multi-state Tax Returns
Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
Skilled with ERP systems
7+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $28.50 - $31.00 / Hourly
Location: San Antonio, TX
Date Posted: January 29, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04080-0011688692
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance