Robert Half International Accounts Receivable Supervisor/Manager in San Diego, California
A manufacturing firm in San Diego is seeking a Temp/Hire A/R Supervisor. The following is a description of the position:
• Supervise accounts receivable department
• Improve and maintain ongoing A/R aging and DSO metrics
• Contact customers with current balances due and follow up with promises to pay made but not yet received
• Research and reconcile customer accounts with open balances due to cash posting variances
• Keeps management informed of potential collection problems at an early stage
• Preparation of the weekly A/R status summary report for review with manager
• Works closely with Accounting and Customer Service to resolve customer credit card chargebacks
• Works closely with manager to quickly turn around credit applications. Ensure that credit application approval/denials are communicated to Customers and Sales team promptly
• Prepares any month end close activities related to A/R
• May perform other duties as assigned
• This role will be remote if you choose to be; but must be able to occasionally visit the Office when required and attend in person meetings
Minimum 5 years work experience with 2 years in a supervisor position
• Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
• Must have extensive experience with Excel; must be able to create both vlook ups and pivot tables
• Must have prior Collections experience
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.